- Every child should have their teeth brushed a minimum of two times per day, morning and night.
- Children less than 7 or 8 years of age and special needs children will need an adult tooth brush, to get the teeth as clean as they need to be to stay healthy.
- Toothpaste should not be used on anyone who cannot or will not spit it back out. It is not to be swallowed.
- Toothpaste is not necessary to get the teeth clean. The brush is doing the cleaning.
- Toothpaste with fluoride can help prevent cavities.
- Children that don’t have toothpaste or don’t like it should brush with water on the brush.