The University allows students to place themselves on a waitlist for all Undergraduate, Graduate, and Law courses via web registration.
- Before requesting to be placed on the waitlist, students should be aware of the following:
- When a student enters a class number on the enrollment panel, there is an option to request being placed on the waitlist if the class is closed.
- If the course becomes open, the first student on the waitlist will be added into the class by a process that will be run several times a day and more often during peak periods.
- Students are responsible for checking the status of the waitlisted course by logging on ULink and viewing their schedule to see if the course has been added. Students will not be informed if the add is attempted and fails. Students will receive an email to their University account if they are added to the course from the waitlist.
- If the meeting time of the course the student is waitlisted in is not available on the student’s schedule, the student will not be added to the course.
- If adding the student into the course would exceed the student’s maximum hours for the term, the student will not be added to the course.
- If a student does not meet the pre-requisites or other restrictions for that course, the student will not be allowed on the waitlist.
- Students cannot use this for the purpose of trying to find a more suitable time of a course as enrollment in multiple sections is not allowed.
- The last day we will allow students to waitlist for Summer is the first day of the class. For Fall and Spring semesters, the last day to waitlist is through the end of the third day of the first week of classes (Wednesday if regular semester courses begin on a Monday ).
- The last day that we will move students from the waitlist and enroll them for Summer is the first day of the class. For Fall and Spring semesters, students will be enrolled from the waitlist through 10:00 pm on the fifth day of the first week of classes (Friday if regular semester courses begin on a Monday).
- Please note that a course that is closed may appear to be open for a short time if a student drops and there are students on the waitlist. The closed class message given to the student includes a message explaining that - if a course appears to be open with a space, but the student receives back a message that the course is closed, it is due to a student being on the waitlist. The student will be moved off the waitlist by a process we run several times a day and more often during peak registration times.
- If you check the online schedule of classes, you will see a column titled “Wait”. This shows the number of students waitlisted and the maximum number of students allowed on the waitlist. If there are students on the waitlist and the course is displayed as open, this means the waitlist process has not been run since someone dropped the course. The first student on the waitlist will be moved into the class the next time the process is run.
- Students are first informed of their place on the waitlist when they are initially added to the waitlist. After that, students can view their current place on the waitlist by viewing their online schedule. Faculty may view the waitlist by their normal navigation to the class roster. There is a drop down box where "waitlist" is an option. Faculty cannot view a student's place on the waitlist, they simply can view a roster of all students on the waitlist in alphabetical order.