Special Permission Requirements/Restricted Courses
Permission is required for the following:
- For any course with a special restriction (appears below the course title in the online Schedule of Classes).
- From the graduate dean for an undergraduate student to register for 600-level courses.
- From the advisor and/or dean for an undergraduate student to take more than the maximum credit hours allowed within their academic unit.
- From the instructor and department if you do not meet a pre-requisite.
- To register for pass/fail (check with your school for requirements). Refer to the Deadlines for Changing Grade Types for specific school policies and deadlines.
- To register for audit (check with your school for requirements). Refer to the Deadlines for Changing Grade Types for specific school policies and deadlines.
- From an instructor to take courses in time conflict.
- From the College of Business for students not enrolled in the College of Business to take 300 and 400-level courses. (excluding Equine Management & Economics).
- From the Speed School for any students not enrolled in Speed School to take 300 level courses and above.
- An Independent Study Form for students enrolling for Independent Study courses.
- A Cooperative Internship Form for students enrolling for Co-Op Internships.
To take more than the normal credit hour permission established by your school or college, check with your central advising center or dean's office.