Master of Science in Computer Science
100% Online Degree
Advance your career and increase your earning potential with a 100%
online Master of Science in Computer Science degree from the University
of Louisville. Our innovative curriculum and award-winning faculty
provide an educational experience you won’t find anywhere else.
The Master of Science in Computer Science degree at UofL is one of the top programs in the field in the state of Kentucky and nationwide.
J.B. Speed School of Engineering at UofL has been educating technical professionals since 1924 and features classes and research taught by internationally recognized faculty as well as state-of-the-art computer and networking laboratories.
The MS in Computer Science online program is available for interested individuals who have an adequate technical background, but do not necessarily have a baccalaureate degree in engineering or computer science. The online graduate degree in computer science can be completed in as little as two years and focuses on areas that include foundations, software, analytics, electives and a project option.
Students may complete the program entirely online, or combine online classes with on-campus classes.
- Classes are delivered 100% online
- Courses are taught by award-winning faculty
- The 30–credithour curriculum can be completed within two years (full time workload)
- Students may transfer in 6 credit hours of graduate courses from other accredited universities (pending department review and approval)
- Classes are offered year-round (approximately 15 weeks per semester)
- Professional advisers are available to assist students enrolled in the master’s program with their degree planning
Computers are used in virtually every aspect of our lives today, from desktops at home and work to large systems supporting government and industry to supercomputers and grids of networked processors expanding the frontiers of science and technology.
Not surprisingly, computer professionals are employed in a wide variety of environments, including computer and electronic product manufacturing, other businesses and industries, academia and government. Jobs for qualified computer scientists and engineers are among the fastest growing occupations.