The University of Louisville Interventional Pulmonology (IP) program provides multiple services for individuals with a wide variety of airway disorders.
Directed by Tanya Wiese, D.O., our IP program is a collaborative effort between multiple specialists to provide individuals with access to the newest technologies available for minimally invasive procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of lung disorders.
These procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Biopsies of abnormal lungs and enlarged lymph nodes
- Early diagnosis and/or treatment of lung cancer
- Relief of airway obstructions
- Thermoplasty for the treatment of severe asthma
- Trans-tracheal oxygen therapy
- Tunneled pleural catheters for recurrent pleural effusions