Preventative Cardiology Clinic
UofL Preventative Cardiology Clinic
Curb Heart Disease with the help of the University of Louisville's Preventative Cardiology Clinic (PCC). Headed by Drs. Sumanth Prabhu, Stephen Wagner and Ihab Hamzeh, and Deirdre Higdon, Cardiology ARNP, patients in the clinic will undergo comprehensive screening for cardiovascular risk factors as indicated by their history and clinical profile.
Both traditional and novel risk factors will be screened and measures to diminish the cardiovascular risk will be implemented. Ideally, the clinic will focus on primary prevention, but secondary prevention in those with known heart disease will also be addressed.
The overall goals of risk intervention will be to provide, on a consultative basis, recommendations for management of blood lipids, blood pressure, and various aspects of primary and secondary prevention including weight reduction, smoking cessation, use of aspirin, etc.
Get Healthy Now has partnered with the PCC to refer participants when their vital numbers cardiovascular risk factors, as well as to provide follow-up and continued support for making necessary lifestyle changes that contribute to good heart health. For example, during your annual Health & Fitness Assessment, our Fitness Specialists can help you identify areas that merit further attention. At that time, we would refer qualifying adults to the unparalleled care and capability of the PCC. Additionally, if you're given guidance during your consultation at the PCC, Get Healthy Now is here to support your efforts to improve target areas and total health alike.
Unique Features of the Preventive Cardiology Clinic (PCC):
• Evaluation and treatment by recognized experts in cardiovascular prevention
• Evaluation of both traditional and novel cardiac risk factors
• Use of advanced biochemical markers of cardiac risk as clinically indicated (e.g., lipoprotein particle size)
• Use of 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring as needed
• Use of novel measures of vascular health as indicated (e.g., arterial stiffness, central blood pressure measurement, coronary calcium, carotid intimal-medial thickness)
Please note: the costs of consultation at the UofL Preventative Cardiology Clinic are not covered by your participation in Get Healthy Now.