connect with us via:
July 2014: Summer of fun
Join GHN for a summer of fun! Take advantage of our group fitness classes, fabulous GHN Wellness Center, and other wellness offerings.
- Fill your "News Feed" with positive affirmations and fitness tips. "Like" on GHN Facebook today!
- You're invited to take your fitness level up a few notches on the fun-o-meter! GHN is partnering with UofL to promote the Lunar 5K, a community race that supports Hosparus, a non-profit hospice care provider. Join us for this fun, night-time 5k for every member of the family to enjoy. Are you ready to “get your GLOW on?” Receive $5 off registration from now until July 15 with promo code: ULWELLNESS
- Get Healthy Now will be at the Belknap Farmer's Market on July 10th: At the GHN table, we’ll be sharing ideas for a healthy summer of fun, including the family friendly Lunar 5k, UofL Cycling opportunities, GHN Wellness Center events, and more! Door prizes include a summer semester Yoga & Pilates pass ($40 value) and one registration for the Lunar 5k ($25 value). Can’t wait to see you!
- Gray St. Farmer's Market (GSFM) opens this month on HSC. The GSFM will be open on Thursdays from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. through Oct. 30. Our market vendors offer the finest in local farm products, including fruits, vegetables, breads, lunch items and more. Debit cards and SNAP benefits are accepted. The Gray Street Farmers Market is located on the 400 block of East Gray Street, between South Jackson and South Preston streets. View the flyer
- Learn to do all your daily tasks, even eating, with mindfulness. Try out our weekly Moment of Mindfulness class to cue in on how to be fully present. Reduce your stress and relieve anxiety with this affirming practice.
- Tips for Reshaping Your Meals: "Research has shown that we tend to eat about the same weight of food every day. Try these small, simple techniques to lower the calorie density of your meals, and you’ll wind up eating the same amount of food that satisfies you – with far fewer calories." American Institute for Cancer Research
- TAKE 20 Minutes for your good health! These short rotating workshops teach you how to manage your stress, eat a more balanced diet, and discover wellbeing techniques every individual can benefit from.
- Yoga and Pilates at the GHN Wellness Center: Refresh your body and mind with these inspiring offerings. Enjoy the best value on campus - unlimited access all semester for only $40. Free trial May 5-9.
- Caregiving Workshop Series: Get Healthy Now and the Great Places to Work Work-Life Balance Committee launched the Caregiving series for employees who care for a grand/child, parent, relative, or friend. Learn more.
- MOVIE NIGHT! UofL’s family movie night series returns! Learn more>>>
- Condition Management Offerings:
- The Get Healthy Now Wellness Center is your one-stop-wellness shop! Fitness and wellness classes, state-of-the-art equipment, fully refinished locker rooms, and NO monthly membership fees for UofL employees!
- Located at 601 Presidents Blvd: Directions
- Complete the Enrollment Packet [pdf] and bring with you when you first visit the facility.
- New this month:
- The GHN Wellness Center will be closed on Friday, July 4th in honor of Independence Day.
- Check out the Monthly Group Fitness Calendar
- Guest Passes Available: Treat out of town guests (ages 18+) to a day of wellness! $5/day or $20/wk.
- Walk to Run Meet-up: Hit the ground running! Join our all-levels group to log your miles with the early birds! Meet in the parking lot at 6:15am sharp. Sign up here!
- Make a splash! GHN Water Fitness classes with Laura Feese, Certified Aquatic Instructor with 25+ years of experience. No swimming skills needed (hair can stay dry or not). Benefits include increased energy, better sleeping, relief from joint pain and more. Enroll today!
- Group Bike Ride: Commute to campus with your colleagues and learn how to safetly navigate the roads with increased confidence. Pre-registration waiver required. All staff, faculty, and students are welcome to ride. All experience levels welcome and all riders will receive a brief orientation and Louisville bike map. Participants must provide their own bicycle and accessories (helmet required).
- "Clap along if you know what happiness is to you!" UofL Employees across our three campuses danced to the rhythm of their own happiness! See the videos...sure to make you smile!
We look forward to providing you with insightful monthly highlights & happenings to assist you in championing your health all year long!