Faculty Mentor Awards
The School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies is pleased to announce the establishment of two new faculty mentor awards.
Outstanding Mentor of a Doctoral Student
Outstanding Mentor of a Masters Student
The winners will be presented with a plaque and honorarium at the Doctoral Hooding and Graduation Ceremony in May.
Who is Eligible for Awards
- All members of the graduate faculty who mentor students to the completion of the degree.
- Award honors one-on-one mentoring of a master of doctoral student, ie, those who direct a thesis or dissertation, supervise a student in a lab, oversee a student’s internship or final professional paper. In other words, this is not an advising award for those who serve as directors of programs.
- A copy of the faculty members Curriculum Vitae.
Who is Eligible to Nominate for Awards
- Any departmental chairperson and/or director of graduate program
- Any graduate student who is near completion of their graduate degree
- All nominations must be complete online using this form by Thursday, March 15, 2012.
- Nominations may be made by either a chair, a program director, or a graduate student, but letters from at least the chair OR program director AND a graduate student must be included in the completed nomination.
- A copy of the faculty members Curriculum Vitae
The nominations will be reviewed by the Scholarship and Awards Committee of the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies.