Chemistry building (left) and Shumaker Research building (right)
The department occupies the three-story, which houses faculty offices and laboratories as well as the undergraduate teaching laboratories. Recent growth in the department has led us to locate several research laboratories in the . We have extensive research interactions with the Brown Cancer Center, particularly in and
Our major research facilities are extensive:
- Dr. Mark Mashuta manages the which includes two small-molecule diffractometers and a Macromolecular system.
- Dr. Neal Stolowich manages our These include one new NMR spectrometer (9.4 Tesla, 400 MHz), and two spectrometers operating at 11.7 T (500 MHz). One of these 500 MHz spectrometers will soon be replaced with a 16.4 T, 700 MHz system.
- Our shared facility with the Brown Cancer Center that houses an 18.8 T, 800 MHz spectrometer.
- Dr. Xiang Zhang manages the CREAM , which include a Fourier Transform-Ion Cyclotron Resonance-Mass Spectrometer (FT-ICR-MS) and an Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer (ICP-MS).
- The department also operates a Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization-Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer (MALDI-TOF).