As a commuter and/or transfer student, your experience at the University of Louisville is unique. We are here to be a resource for you along the way!
Every student at the University of Louisville becomes an important part of our strong community; our students who are off-campus, commuter, and transfers are no exception. The Division of Student Affairs and the Office of Student Involvement are committed to creating opportunities which enhance students’ academic and personal success. This area was created to promote a sense of belonging among off-campus, commuter, and transfer students while offering programs and services to assist students in reaching their full potential through connection to the University of Louisville.
We accomplish our mission, vision, and purpose by using the following principles:
- Assessing the needs of off-campus, commuter, and transfer students;
- Advocating for resources and policies to meet the unique needs of off-campus, commuter, and transfer students;
- Building and strengthening university and community knowledge and support structures for off-campus, commuter, and transfer students;
- Bring together stakeholders to provide opportunities to enhance the off-campus, commuter, and transfer student experience;
- Collaborating with University and community partners to build inclusive programs and services for off-campus, commuter, and transfer students;
- Creating educational opportunities for students to become knowledgeable and responsible tenants to develop independent life skills;
- Developing a learning community to connect students who are off-campus, commuter, or transfer students to aid in their academic and social development and integration;
- Dedicating human, fiscal, and physical resources to enhance engagement and belonging among these populations.