If you need immediate help for a crisis situation please call: 911 or (502) 852-6111 on campus, or 1-877-803-7577 in the community. If you need immediate help for a situation related to Partner Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking or Harassment, please call The Center for Women & Families 24-hour crisis line at (502) 581-7222 to speak with a trained crisis counselor.
We emphasize victim assistance in all responses to reports of crime. The ULPD provides assistance to students, faculty and staff concerning all incidents of criminal activity, investigation and prosecution including victim's and witness rights and options.
Regardless of whether a victim elects to pursue a criminal complaint or whether the offense is alleged to have occurred on or off-campus, the university will assist victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.
ULPD will call the University of Louisville PEACC Center (PEACC = Prevention, Education and Advocacy on Campus and in the Community) if a student asks for assistance. The PEACC Center offers violence prevention programming as well as advocacy support services to the general University community. More information about the PEACC Center can be obtained by visiting their website or calling (502) 852-2663.
- Provide information and procedures on filing criminal complaint
- Identify individual's needs and refer them as quickly as possible to appropriate agencies
- Provide explanation of court and legal procedures
- Provide information regarding rights, compensation and restitution
- Provide assistance in preparing for court appearances
- Escort the individual to court and monitor the case for final disposition
- Provide on-going information pertaining to case status
- Provide assistance in obtaining protection from intimidation or harassment
- Provide verification for employers or instructors of time missed from class or work
- Provide assistance in preparing a victim's impact statement prior to sentencing
- Follow-up of court-ordered restitution
- Assist individual in the completion of compensation claim forms
- Kentucky Crime Victims' Hotline: 1-800-372-2551
- Child and Elder Abuse Hotline: 1-800-752-6200
- Crime Victims Compensation Program: (502) 564-2290
- County Attorney's Office: (502) 574-6333
- Kentucky Bar Association: (502) 564-3795
- Kentucky Lawyer Referral Service: (502) 583-1801
- Kentucky Domestic Violence Association: (502) 875-4132
- Kentucky Parole Board: 1-800-221-5991 or (502) 564-3620
- Attorney General's Office of Victim Advocacy
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to open PDF