Student Resources

Active Duty/Reservists

Military Withdrawal

Military Withdrawal

Application Fee Waiver & Priority Registration

Students who are currently serving in the Armed Forces of the United States (any branch, any component)  are eligible to receive an application fee waiver and priority registration. 

For undergraduate applications , the application fee is automatically waived when the student selects their branch of service and their component on the application in SLATE. For graduate applicants, see

Military Tuition Rate 

This includes Active-Duty, National Guard and Reserve Component Service Members who are eligible for Department of Defense Title X tuition assistance funds. This rate is applicable to all undergraduate and most graduate programs.

  • Orders must be submitted no later than the tuition due date each semester (
  • Active-Duty orders must reflect 180 consecutive days duration or longer. Send orders to
  • Does not apply to fixed-cost programs or to the professional schools; Medical, Dental, Law.
  • Although the MBA program is a bundled tuition rate program, Active-Duty and qualifying members of the Reserves and National Guard qualify for a reduced rate that equates to $500 per credit hour.
  • Veterans and dependents are not eligible for the military tuition rate. We offer a Salute to Service Scholarship which awards, four $1,500 scholarships to veterans or dependents in fall and spring terms, and two $1,500 scholarships in summer term. For additional information see:
  • For questions, please contact the Center for Military-Connected Students; , 852-6442.


Cost of Attendance

A UofL education is an excellent investment in your future. For additional information on educational expenses and the Cost of Attendance, please visit the Student Financial Aid Office’s website

Military Spouse Information


Financial Aid

Student Financial Aid Office (
Brittini Wise
Financial Aid Advisor Senior, (502) 852-1369

Bursar, (502) 852-6505



Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)

Contact:, (502) 852-7902 

Air Force ROTC 
Contact:, (502) 852-6576 


Title IX


Disability Resource Center

Contact:, 502-852-6938


Career Centers at UofL


Career Centers at UofL

University Career Center Staff

The University Career Center (UCC) serves 9 of the 12 colleges/schools at UofL. If your major is Arts & Sciences, Dentistry, Education and Human Development, Medicine, Music, Nursing, Public Health, or Social Work, we are the career center for you.

If your major is in Business, Engineering, or Law, contact the staff at one of the following career centers for assistance:

Ulmer Career Center Staff, College of Business

Cooperative Education and Career Services Staff, Speed School of Engineering

Office of Professional Development Staff, Brandeis School of Law



How do I find internship and job opportunities?

UofL utilizes two Symplicity platforms for internship, co-op, part-time, entry level, and full-time positions. In addition, there are career-related workshops and career fairs throughout the academic year to learn about opportunities and meet employers.

All undergraduate and graduate students: Cardinal Careers powered by Symplicity

Brandeis School of Law students: Symplicity


Are there on-campus or virtual career events for me?

Yes! There are several career fairs each fall and spring semester. There are career fairs for all students and major- or college/school-specific events. Plus, the various career centers at UofL host employers for information tables or virtual sessions, career panels, networking events, and more. View events in Cardinal Careers powered by Symplicity or contact your career center for details.


How can I meet with someone to discuss my career options?

Each career center at UofL has staff to meet with you to discuss your career aspirations, exploration, and opportunities, as well as offer assistance with résumés, cover letters, interviewing, and more.

Students majoring in Arts & Sciences, Dentistry, Education and Human Development, Medicine, Music, Nursing, Public Health, or Social Work

Students majoring in Business

Students majoring in Engineering

Law School students


How do I translate my military experience for civilian employers?

Your military experience is rich with skills that make you a strong candidate for civilian positions. Learning how to translate your experience on your résumé, in a cover letter, at a career event, or during an interview is essential. Meeting with a career coach is the best way to gain advice on parlaying your experience into civilian terminology. (See How can I meet with someone to discuss my career options? for information on scheduling an appointment with your career center.) Along with one-on-one assistance, there are external resources to help you.


Transition Assistance

As you transition from military service to the academic setting here at UofL, there are essential resources to help you determine your career path forward. There are four career centers at UofL:

  1. The University Career Center (UCC) serves 9 of the 12 colleges/schools for students in Arts & Sciences, Dentistry, Education and Human Development, Medicine, Music, Nursing, Public Health, or Social Work.
  2. The Ulmer Career Center serves College of Business students.
  3. The Cooperative Education and Career Services serves Speed School of Engineering students.
  4. The Office of Professional Development serves Brandeis School of Law students.


There are services and resources through each career center to assist you through your transition from military service to pursing your degree. These services including how to:

  • explore career paths
  • pursue internships, co-ops, research, or other experiential learning opportunities
  • search and apply for part- or full-time jobs
  • parlay your military experience to civilian employment vocabulary in professional documents (e.g., résumé, cover letter) and interviews
  • learn about career-related events on campus or virtually


Use the links above to learn more or the links in FAQs for How can I meet with someone to discuss my career options? to schedule an appointment with a career coach for your major.


Beyond UofL, the Department of Labor’s Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offers online courses, including transitioning from military to civilian careers and translating military experience into civilian credentialing. 

Kentucky Army National Guard

Sergeant First Class Schelee Burkett, (502) 330-4019

Kentucky National Guard (KYNG) Tuition Assistance
The deadlines for National Guard are October 1 (Spring semester) and April 1 (Fall semester).

  • Tuition Assistance will NOT pay the additional amount charged for online courses.
  • 100% paid at any state support university/college for enlisted soldiers.
    1. Does not include fees

Eligibility:Eligibility Requirements for KYNG

Application: Kentucky National Guard tuition assistance