LGBTQ+ Affirming Healthcare Series
The LGBTQ+ Affirming Healthcare series, presented by the University of Louisville LGBT Center, includes training sessions and interactive modules that provide education and skills needed to affirm, advocate, and improve health outcomes for LGBTQ+ patients based on evidence-based best practices. The series is specifically designed for healthcare students, professionals, or anyone else interested in addressing the significant health disparities faced by the LGBTQ+ community. The LGBTQ+ Affirming Healthcare Series is recommended by 99% of its participants. Read testimonials here.
2023-2024 LGBTQ+ Affirming Healthcare Series
- Session One: September 21, 2023
- Session Two/Pride Keynote: October 19, 2023
- Session Three: November 16, 2023
- Sessions Four-Six: Details will be released as Spring 2024 HSC calendars are finalized.
To receive registration information for each LGBTQ+ Affirming Healthcare Series session, complete the interest form. The LGBT Center will email session details and registration links. Advance registration is required for each session. Session location/link will be emailed to registered participants prior to each session.
- The LGBTQ+ Affirming Healthcare Series is free to students, faculty, staff, healthcare providers and community members.
- Participants will earn a Certificate of Completion for completing the series.
- When possible, continuing education credits will be offered.
Requirements - Certificate of Completion
Deadline: March 31, 2024. (Certificates of completion will be sent in April 2024.)
- Complete at least four (4) content modules -- either synchronously or asynchronously -- from the 2023-24 series
- To receive a Certificate of Completion, you may include a combination of both synchronous and asynchronous sessions. Sign-In is required for live sessions (in-person or virtual); an evaluation is required for asynchronous sessions. Participants are always welcome to attend sessions, even if they don’t intend to complete the series.
- Each module is approximately one hour in length and can either be completed synchronously or asynchronously (details, below).
- There are six sessions scheduled during the 2023-24 academic year.
- Participants unable to attend live LGBTQ+ Affirming Healthcare sessions, either virtually or in-person, may view past presentations from the 2023-24 series to earn the Certificate of Completion.
- Deadline to complete certificate requirements is March 31, 2024.
- Asynchronous Participation Requirements:
- Watch four live content modules from the 2023-24 series.
- Complete an evaluation for content modules, located here: https://uoflsom.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cHEYU0AyJOj40OG
- The Online Patient Simulation is located at: https://dcidt.louisville.edu/programs/LGBTQ/affirming_healthcare_series/index.html#/
- It consists of three modules that facilitate an interactive learning environment.
- Each module takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and will have the same set of reflection questions.
- Completion of all three Patient Simulation modules by March 31, 2024, is required to complete the LGBTQ+ Affirming Healthcare Series.
March 31, 2024 (Sunday) Deadline - Certificate of Completion
If interested in receiving a Certificate of Completion for the 2023-24 LGBTQ+ Affirming Healthcare Series, please submit requirements as outlined on the website by March 31, 2024. Certificates of Completion will be sent to participants in late April. Thank you!
Aaron Weathers, LGBT Center Assistant Director, leading a LGBTQ+ Affirming Healthcare Series session
- Visit our YouTube channel to locate online modules: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwmtwsFKkz1U4nMcV8iVLgg