Fun Things to Do
- How to Get Involved with Virtual Volunteering - https://www.idealist.org/en/careers/how-to-virtual-volunteering
- American Red Cross Volunteers Needed - http://www.redcross.org/support/volunteer
- United Way
- Morning Brew
- Dare to Care Food Bank
- Supporting Seniors with Tribute
Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Just want a cute and cuddly distraction? Check out several different animal live cam options from watching silly sea otters and curious elephants or just mellow out to the hypnotic drifting jellyfish.
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Explore Live Cams
- Cincinnati Zoo
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! Join Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home for a live daily doodle lesson at 11:00am MST. Videos will be available after live on the Kennedy Center YouTube channel.
- Join the McHarper Manor weekdays on Facebook for a daily art project tutorial. Art projects will range from watercolor paintings to chalk art to canvas painting and will take place live at 11:00am MST. Videos will be available after the live class on the McHarper Manor Facebook page.
- Missing group fitness classes or going to the gym? Check out the Planet Fitness Facebook page for live-streamed daily workouts several times a day. Is Yoga more your thing? Check out CorePower Yoga to keep up your practice from the comfort of your living room. Go to UofL Department of Intramural and Recreational Sports' website for ways to stay healthy and play during quarantine!
- For an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own, visit UCLA Health for downloadable guided meditations in both English and Spanish.
- Participate in UofL Health Promotion’s virtual mindfulness technique to promote relaxation, resilience & self compassion. Tune in every weekday at 2:00 through their instagram account, @healthycards
- Cooking Classes
Check out some cool places around the world from National Parks to National Landmarks.
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island
- Take a live look at Colonial Williamsburg
- Tour England through this 360 video
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and 5 other National Parks thanks to virtual reality (and Google)!
- Talk a walk on the Great Wall of China
- Check out the view from Pompeii through Google Maps
More Fun Things To Do
Some ideas (and links) to help you stay busy at home:
- Take a virtual retreat to art, culture, and history around the globe
- Watch a Broadway musical or play
- Live stream concerts
- Take a virtual ride at Walt Disney World or Disneyland
- Frazier KY History Museum virtual tour
- Check out the 25 Most Interesting Webcams of 2018
- Have a Netflix Party with friends while watching your favorite shows together!
- Create a collaborative playlist with your friends or jam out to Rita Wilson’s Quarantunes playlist.
- Need a new book to read? Check out Louisville Free Public Library to borrow an ebook.
- Take up a new hobby such as making towel animals, crocheting, or choose from thousands of other tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Watch an Opera for free with the Metropolitan Opera
- Watch and listen to performances by the UofL School of Music
- Complete the Census
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections” campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world or choose from over 1,500 coloring pages with Just Color.
- Borrow ebooks and digital audiobooks from your public library
- Virtual Concerts