Training for Professionals
As part of the ongoing effort to improve services for those affected with ASD in Kentucky, KATC staff provides workshops on autism and related topics to professional and community groups across Kentucky. Below is a list of suggested topics. The KATC encourages professional groups to work in collaboration with KATC to design a presentation to meet your group's needs. These 1 to 6 hour workshops are designed for professional and community groups. KATC can also work with your organization to provide a multi – day workshop series. The hosting organization is responsible for obtaining relevant continuing education credits. KATC will provide the necessary documentation for your organization to complete the application form. Effective 11/21/2022, Professional Development Workshop Fees: $700/3 hours or less - $1,000/4-6 hours. Travel location will determine any additional fees that could include lodging, rental car and/or gas fees. Please allow at least 8 weeks in advance to schedule a training.
Please submit your request at least 8 weeks prior to the requested training date to give our trainers time to check their availability and for you to exchange information that will ensure the training provided meets your expectations.
- Understanding the communication characteristics of the Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Understanding and using Visual Based Communication Systems
- Using Visual Strategies to promote communication and independence
- The ABC's of Behavior
- Conducting Functional Behavior Analysis
- Addressing challenging behaviors
- Data Collection made easy
- Behavioral Supports for the classroom, workplace and community
- Structuring social opportunities across settings
- Social Skills across the lifespan
- Setting Up a social skills group for your student with autism.
- Daytime toilet training for children and adolescents with autism and other PDD's
- Strategies to practice community living skills
- Organizational strategies to help your older child develop independence
Educational and Skill Development
- A process approach to planning and implementing instruction for individuals with ASD's using the CAPS
- Strategies for inclusion for students with an Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Structuring the classroom for success and independence
- Autism and employment issues
- Working with Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Educator/Professional Workshops
- Autism Boot Camp
Cancellation and Change Policy
KATC observes the right to charge the requesting organization a fee for canceling or making substantial changes to the initial training request. Changes can include but are not limited to: location information, presentation information (date, content, length) and audience role(s). If you need to cancel or make a change to your training, you must notify your trainer in writing at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the scheduled training. Cancellations made less than 2 weeks will incur a 20% fee ($140 for a 3 hour or less training and $200 for a 4 hour or more training) made payable to KATC.
Videotaping and voice recording prohibited unless other arrangements have been made with the Kentucky Autism Training Center.