Stage One Sensory Friendly Stage Performance
Join StageOne Family Theatre this October for their first ever Sensory Friendly Performance. StageOne will partner with The Kentucky Center to offer the state’s first ever Sensory Friendly Performance of The House at Pooh Corner, October 12 at 11 am in the state of the art Bomhard Theater inside The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts.
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a safe and nurturing environment for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and other individuals with sensory sensitivities. Accommodations for this performance include keeping the theatre lights dimmed, providing extra space between patrons, freedom to vocalize and move/switch seats, and allowing patrons to exit and enter during the performance. While this performance has a fluid atmosphere, it is open to the general public and can be a learning opportunity regarding the typical theatre experience. For more information, please click HERE.
Complete List of Accommodations for Sensory Friendly Performance
- Materials to prepare you for visiting the theater will be available prior to the show at the StageOne website (www.stageone.org ) and Kentucky Center website (www.kentuckycenter.org) by September 1st
- Theater will not be filled to capacity, therefore audience members can sit where they like; StageOne is always general admission.
- Patrons will be allowed to move freely through the aisles
- Individuals are free to vocalize during the performance
- House Lights will remain on at low level during performance
- To give warning to the audience, sudden loud sounds or startling moments will be signaled in advance
- Entering and exiting the theatre will be allowed throughout the performance
- A "quiet room" at the back of the theater provides continued viewing away from the audience
- Additional space with remote video viewing will be available
- Trained Kentucky Center volunteers on hand to assist with patron needs and requests
KY Autism Training Center Summer 2013 Newsletter August 2013