Safety protocols and ceremony details will be based strictly on all UofL, state and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines regarding COVID-19 precautions. We are dedicated to offering a safe and meaningful commencement experience for our graduates.
- Parking and Entry: Venue staff will direct graduates and guests in the parking lots. Parking is free. We will have multiple entry gates open and temperature checks will be completed on all attendees before entry is permitted. Attendees who arrive unmasked will not be allowed entry. Mask compliance will be strictly enforced.
- Capacity: Only those with tickets will be allowed in the stadium. Our total attendance per event will be below the state-approved venue capacity of 12,000. Guest seating will beticketed in pods of four seats. Each pod will bephysically distanced from the next. Graduates may request a maximum of eight seats(two pods of four guests) to promote physical distancing among guests from different households.
- Navigating the stadium and seating: No congregating on the concourse will be permitted.
- No processional: Graduates will take their seats upon entry. To limit touch points and promote physical distancing, there will not be a student processional. The banner bearer for each unit will represent their classmates while processing in with the banner.
- Crossing the stage: Students will line up and cross the stage at a pace that allows for physical distancing as each name is announced. The students will be congratulated (while physically distant) as they cross the stage by the President, Provost, and Unit Dean. There will be no physical contact, like handshakes, but students will be encouraged to wave and/or raise their “L’s”.
- Dismissal after crossing stage: Once a graduate crosses the stage, they will have a photo taken, and then they will exit the stadium. Their guests must also leave at that time as well. No gathering will be permitted on the concourse. Graduates should make plans to meet their guests upon exiting. Staff will be strictly enforcing gathering restrictions.
Other safety protocols:
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the stadium.
- On stage, we will limit the number of speakers and thoroughly sanitize the podium and microphone between remarks.
- Mask compliance and physical distancing will be strictly enforced.