- Deliver training and awareness campaigns to students, faculty and staff through in person QPR (Question, Persuade and Refer).
- Focus on creating campus-specific suicide prevention trainings to the at-risk populations of LGBT students and military and veteran students.
- Promote families’ understanding of and response to their students’ signs of distress.
- Enhance campus and community partnerships in the effort of responding to students’ mental health needs.
- Develop a sustainable infrastructure to support coordinated campus-wide efforts that emphasize students’ strong mental health.
- Maintain up-to-date information from the Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC) at EDC, as supported by SAMHSA.
- Health Promotions
- The Counseling Center
- Campus Health
- The Dean of Students
- Kentucky State Suicide Prevention Program
- LGBT Center
- Louisville Health Advisory Board
- Veteran’s Services
- One Love Louisville
- and many others including numerous vibrant student organizations.
This website and all UofL printed promotional Cards SPEAK materials are developed in part under a grant number SM062504 from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA funding and grant obligations for Cards SPEAK were completed in September 2018.), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The views, policies, and opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of SAMHSA or HHS.