- Suicide can be prevented.
- There are almost always warning signs that someone is thinking about suicide.
- Always take a threat of suicide seriously and get help.
According to the United Health Foundation’s Health Rankings (2020), suicide among those ages 15-24 is 17.8%, compared to 14.5% for all those ages 15-24 in the U.S.
- Also see American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Kentucky statistics.
- Suicidal attempts and attempts are higher in certain populations such as Veterans and LGBTQ individuals. See Populations Tab for more information.
Suicide is preventable
We can all help “Lift Up” one another