Green to Gold
Active Duty Green to Gold
- Soldiers selected to participate in this program will continue to receive their current pay and allowances while in the program (up to a maximum of 24 consecutive months).
- If qualified, Montgomery G.I. Bill / Army College Fund (MGIB/ACF) benefits.
- Normal PCS entitlements
- U.S. Citizen (non-waiverable)
- Age - Be less than 31 years of age on 31 December of the year you complete all requirements for a commission and a college baccalaureate degree (waiverable)
- Cannot have been convicted of a Domestic Violence Crime
- Have a minimum of 2 years Active Duty as well as 3 months of active duty for every one month of specialized training (waiver can be requested)
- GT score of 110 or greater
- Pass the APFT within the last 6 months with score of 180 or higher, minimum of 60 points in each event
- Be a High School Graduate or equivalent
- Cumulative High School or College GPA of 2.5
- Letter of Acceptance to School of Choice offering Army ROTC
- Letter of Acceptance from the PMS of that Army ROTC Battalion
- Favorable National Agency Check (or have initiated the action)
- DODMERB Medical Qualification
- Be eligible to Reenlist
- Not be a conscientious objector
- No more than 3 dependents including spouse (waiverable)
Non-Scholarship Green to Gold
- A monthly stipend of up to 10 months each school year of $420 per month
- If qualified, Montgomery G.I. Bill / Army College Fund (MGIB/ACF) benefits
**Green to Gold Non-Scholarship Option members can also participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP). As SMPs, Soldiers are members of either a drilling Reserve or Guard unit and the ROTC. SMPs are entitled to Reserve Component pay of E-5 under this program.
- Age - Under 30 years old on 30 June of the year you commission (waivers can be granted) PMS can grant waiver up to 32 years
- For those over 32, waiver requests are forwarded to HQs, Cadet Command
- Have a favorable recommendation from Chain of Command
- Have Completed 2 years of College and be accepted as an Academic Junior
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
On active duty and need a scholarship for school? Click to learn about the Green to Gold scholarships available.