Study Abroad Scholarships
Information About Study Abroad Scholarships
- Study abroad scholarships vary and are based on financial need, merit, location of your program, length of your program, and more.
- Remember, you cannot win the lottery unless you buy a ticket, so our office encourages you to apply for as many scholarships as possible!
- Our office is here to assist with your essays. If you would like one of your essays for a scholarship critiqued, please complete the Scholarship Essay Critique form and email it to our office.
- We ask that you allow at least 3-5 business days for us to review essays and provide relevant feedback. We also encourage students not to submit essay critique requests 2-3 days prior to a scholarship deadline since this may not allow our office ample time to provide relevant and beneficial feedback.
- Although we encourage students to apply for as many scholarships as possible, we advise students not to bank on only using scholarships to fund their study abroad experience due to the nature of a scholarship not being a concrete guarantee. Additionally, students may have to at some point pay out of pocket since a scholarship may not be distributed to the student prior to final payment of a program. This is why we encourage students to budget realistically and to plan as early as possible.
Searching for Study Abroad Scholarships and Tips
Browse here for a list of study abroad scholarships and essay tips!
International Center Scholarship
Please read the eligibility and conditions listed on the scholarship application carefully.
The deadlines, listed below, are divided by the term you'll study abroad.
|Term Abroad||IC Scholarship Deadline|
|Fall or Academic Year||April 15|
Scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduating Seniors, Graduate/Professional Students, and Recent Alumni
Students are encouraged to contact the to make an appointment with Dr. Condon and learn more about opportunities such as:
- U.S.-U.K. Summer Fulbright Program
- English-Speaking Union (ESU) Scholarship
- Critical Language Scholarship (CLS)
- NSEP Boren Scholarship
- NSEP Boren Fellowships
- Gates-Cambridge Scholarship
- George J. Mitchell Scholarships
- Marshall Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholar Program
- Fulbright Awards
- Fine Arts Study abroad scholarships
For more information about these awards, visit the website for the Office of National and International Scholarship Opportunities.