Undergraduate Summer Biomedical Research Program
KBRIN funds up to 20 undergraduate students annually to participate in biomedical research under the supervision of faculty mentors who are actively engaged in biomedical research at the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky.
Student stipends include the following:
- Free university summer dorm housing (if needed), and
- Registration and hotel expenses (if necessary) to present data at a scientific conference (e.g., the annual meeting of the Kentucky Academy of Science).
- Priority will be given to students considering careers in biomedical research who either are attending a Kentucky college/regional university or who are Kentucky residents attending an out-of-state college/university.
- Applications are accepted online annually beginning December 1.
- Annual application deadline: February 6, 2015.
- Contact Michelle Padgett for more information.