Undergraduate Summer Biomedical Research Program
Some of the 2015 SUR student participants
KBRIN funds up to 20 undergraduate students annually to participate in biomedical research under the supervision of faculty mentors who are actively engaged in biomedical research at the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky.
To be eligible to apply to the KBRIN Undergraduate Summer Research Program (SUR):
- Must be 18 years old by the start of the Summer Program (5/31/16)
- Must commit to completion of the 10-week program (5/31/16-8/5/16)
- (vacations should be scheduled outside of this time)
- Must attend & present research poster at Poster Day (culmination of summer program on 8/5/16) and the Kentucky Academy of Science (KAS) Meeting held in November
- Must attend a Kentucky college/regional university OR must be a Kentucky resident attending an out-of-state college/university
Students attending the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky are NOT eligible
If you attend either UL or UK, please contact your institution for available undergraduate summer research opportunities.
Student compensation includes the following:
- $3,500 for completion of the 10-week research experience
- Free dormitory housing at the University of Louisville or University of Kentucky (if needed for the 10-week program)
- Registration and hotel expenses (if necessary) to present data at a scientific conference (e.g., the annual meeting of the Kentucky Academy of Science).
- Priority will be given to students considering careers in biomedical research
- Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
- Applications are accepted online annually beginning November 1
- Contact Susan Boucher or Whitney Rogers for more information