Summer Undergraduate Research Program
KY INBRE funds up to 20 undergraduate students annually to participate in biomedical research under the supervision of faculty mentors who are actively engaged in biomedical research at the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky.
Application extended to February 18, 2022.
Program will run Tuesday, May 31 to Friday, August 5, 2022.
The KY INBRE Summer Program is conducted on both the UofL and UK campuses as an in-person experience. KY INBRE will continue to follow the Government, CDC and University guidelines and recommendations to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. If any changes occur, the updated information will be posted here.
Click here to complete application
IMPORTANT NOTE: If after you click on the Apply Button, you may receive a warning that your connection is not secure. The RedCap instrument that we use to collect data is a secure program. The warning is encountered sometimes in certain browsers. It is safe to continue. Any questions or concerns please contact Susan Boucher.
To be eligible to apply to the KY INBRE Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP), the criteria below must be met to continue with the application:
- Age 18 or older (born before June 1, 2004)
- US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
- Undergraduate student at a Kentucky college/regional university OR Kentucky resident attending an out-of-state college/university
- Students enrolled at the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky are not eligible
- Former participants of the KY INBRE summer program are not eligible
- Complete online application
- Most recent official college transcript
- Letter of recommendation from academic mentor at current college/university
522 E. Gray Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Letter of Recommendation can be emailed to Susan Boucher.
Student compensation includes the following:
- Student Compensation amount of $4,000
- Dormitory lodging, as needed
- Registration and travel expenses to present your research at the Kentucky Academy of Science Annual Meeting, held in November of each year at a Kentucky University or College
- Examples of previous research projects
- 2021 KY INBRE participants and their projects
- 2018 KY INBRE participants and their projects
- 2017 KY INBRE participants and their projects
- 2016 KBRIN participants and their projects
- 2015 KY INBRE participants and their projects
- 2013 KY INBRE participants
- 2012 KY INBRE participants