Undergraduate Summer Biomedical Research Program
KBRIN funds up to 20 undergraduate students annually to participate in biomedical research under the supervision of faculty mentors who are actively engaged in biomedical research at the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students attending the University of Louisville or the University of Kentucky are NOT eligible
If you attend either UL or UK, please contact your institution for available undergraduate summer research opportunities.
To be eligible to apply to the KBRIN Undergraduate Summer Research Program (SUR):
- Must be 18 years old by the start of the Summer Program
- Must commit to completion of the 10-week program
- (vacations should be scheduled outside of this time)
- Must attend & present research poster at Poster Day and the Kentucky Academy of Science (KAS) Meeting held in November
- Must attend a Kentucky college/regional university OR must be a Kentucky resident attending an out-of-state college/university
- Must NOT attend UK or UofL
- Complete online application
- Most recent official college transcript
- Letter of recommendation
Please mail transcript and letter to:
522 Gray Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Student compensation includes the following:
- $3,500 for completion of the 10-week research experience
- Free dormitory housing at the University of Louisville or University of Kentucky (if needed for the 10-week program)
- Registration and hotel expenses (if necessary) to present data at a scientific conference (e.g., the annual meeting of the Kentucky Academy of Science).