What is Respondus Monitor Online Proctoring?
Respondus Monitor test proctoring is a free service allowing you to take an online test anywhere, as long as you have a computer, webcam, Lockdown Browser and internet connection. This option will only be available if your instructor has chosen to activate this feature in Blackboard. If this has not been activated, you can request your instructor to activate it.
You must download Lockdown Browser to use Respondus Monitor for proctoring. Access the install file here.
Once you start the proctored test recording, you and your computer desktop will be recorded. This recording will be automatically uploaded through your course site to the Lockdown Browser Dashboard for your instructor to view once you have completed your exam. No other student will have access to your exam recording.
What are my responsibilities as a student?
- Review the Respondus Monitor Student Overview Video here;
- Ensure you have a working webcam;
- Ensure you have a working microphone in order to record the sound in your testing space.
- Present a valid, government issued photo ID;
- Record a 360° screen capture of the room in which you are taking the exam;
- Bring pencils or other writing utensils unless prohibited by the instructor;
- Bring other aids (e.g. calculator, scratch paper), if permitted by the instructor;
- If you are unable to take your exam during the scheduled exam dates, you must notify your instructor and get permission to reschedule the exam. Your instructor can determine whether the exam can be taken outside of the scheduled dates and provide access to the exam accordingly.