Parking pains?! Take a load off yourself and the planet! Consider these more environmentally-responsible alternatives for commuting to campus.
Free Public Transportation
The University of Louisville encourages students and staff to use public transportation, bike and walk to commute to campus. The university, as part of its larger agreement with TARC, provides FREE TARC service to all students, staff and faculty just by showing your valid university identification card.
- Plan your trip on TARC
- TARC routes serving the University of Louisville
- Check out the benefits of using public transportation
- Shuttle specific routes
- New Weekend TARC Route Information
- New Weekend TARC Route Service Map
Bike to Campus
The University provides multiple bike rack locations. Bicyclists are encouraged to securely lock unattended bikes to a bike rack. Bikes should not be locked to areas other than provided racks as they may cause a safety issue.
All bicycles on University property must be registered. Please click the "Bicycle Registration" above to complete registration process.
Rules of Bicycle Safety
(Courtesy of Kentucky Bicycle and Bikeway Commission)
- Wear a properly sized and fitted helmet for every ride and always use lights at night.
- Conduct an ABC Quick Check before every ride.
- Obey traffic laws: ride on the right, slowest traffic farthest right.
- Ride predictably and keep visible at all times.
- At intersections, ride in the right most lane that goes in your direction of travel.
- Scan behind you and signal lane changes and turns.
- Be prepared for mechanical emergencies with tools and know-how.
- Control your bicycle by practicing bicycle handling skills.
- Drink before you are thirsty and eat before you are hungry.
Ride your bike to and from the bus stop and put your bike on the bus! All TARC buses are equipped with convenient bike racks. Click here for more information.
Set up Carpools or Vanpools
Use this online tool to search for or offer rides in carpools and vanpools anywhere you need to go in the greater Louisville area!
Zimride ridesharing - Click here.
How big is your carbon footprint?
Pollution from cars is a major cause of global warming. Take a personal pollution inventory and see how you can help.