To ensure that your poster is printed correctly, please use the following options
- Update your version of PowerPoint to the above version. This can be accomplished by installing Microsoft Office from UofL NAL application. Check with your tier 1 where applicable. Home and Mac users can contact iTech Xpress for software to use for home use.
- Save your PowerPoint file as a Adobe Acrobat PDF [High
Quality Print] if you do not find this option on your toolbar you can
go to the Microsoft Office Download Center.
- We have multiple workstations that are all calibrated to work with our Epson Pro large format printers. Clients are allowed to review their final works in our offices and make changes before printing beings.
- Clientele can request “proof” copies of their poster be made and approved before posters printing begins.
The client assumes all responsibility for misprinted materials. We do not “proof read” your works or correct misalignment's. If there is a mistake in the printing, such as missing images, damage or coloration to the paper, we will immediately correct the problem and reprint the order at no cost to the client.
- Printing $5.00 square foot (length x width x 5 = price)
- Mounting $2.00 square foot (length x width x 2 = price)
- Lamination $2.00 square foot (length x width x 2 = price) (glossy or matte)
- Alternative Materials $10.00 per square foot (length x width x 10 = price)
- We offer access to 2880 dpi large format photo.
- What you see is what you get within limitations of the technology.
- Check and set page size so you don’t unintentionally design an 8.5x11 poster.
- Be careful not to distort images when sizing, change both x and y axis equally.
- Printer uses RGB color space so design in RGB, not CMYK.
- No bleed, prints will have small unprinted borders.
- No margins, unless this white space is part of your design.
- White space is included in square footage calculations.
- “Typical” PowerPoint posters are 36” x 56” or 44” x 56”
- Check dimensions: PP03’ File > Page Setup PP07 Design (tab) Page Setup
- Premium luster photo paper is available up to 44” width.
- Alternative materials (canvas, outdoor vinyl, backlit film) are available.
- Alternative materials are limited to 36” wide.
- Lamination is available only up to 36” wide.
- Mounting is available up to 48” x 96” on a single sheet of foam core.
Please submit all of your poster requests to the Printing Service Request Form.
All posters containing but not limited to the following logos will be replaced with the new University of Louisville graphic standard. Contact your department for the new departmental specific logos.
Contact your department for departmental specific logos.