Client Partner Role
Acting as a recognizable presence for Information Technology (IT), the Client Partner develops working relationships with clients to better understand their needs while supporting the procedures and processes maintained by IT.
Client Partners monitor the progress of major projects and activities and suggest improvements in IT processes. Periodically client and IT expectations are assessed to determine the success of the relationship. Client Partners support the quality delivery of IT services while assuring customer satisfaction, self-sufficiency and effectiveness. Client Partners are the link between a client's strategic initiatives and university technology solutions.
Client Partners serve in a leadership role in distributing information about university technology initiatives, major upgrades and other critical programs. In support of Information Technology they:
- Strive to develop a thorough understanding of all products and services
- Identify new projects and jobs
- Review client information to identify potential promotional opportunities
- Promote services in accordance with established pricing
- Assist with the preparation of proposals
- Call on customers to discuss and resolve problems
- Maintain clear and direct lines of communications throughout IT to meet customer requirements