Bigelow Hall Usage Policies
Room dimensions: 77 feet long, 43 feet wide
Stage dimensions: 43 feet wide, 10 feet deep
Minimum attendance: 100
Maximum attendance: 400
- Before requesting this room please check the Calendar for availability. The calendar is located via proxy at Bigelow Hall.
- Recurring meetings or events (daily, weekly, monthly) will not be scheduled in Bigelow Hall unless authorized by the Assistant Vice President for Information Technology.
- Bigelow Hall is reserved only for University functions that cannot be accommodated elsewhere. All functions that are not University related must be authorized by the Assistant Vice President for Information Technology. It is not recommended this room be used for events with a projected audience size of less than 100 and the room cannot be used for a projected audience size of more than 400.
- When requesting Bigelow Hall, the requesting party will be responsible for picking up, signing out and returning the key to the front desk in MITC room 109. They must arrange to pick-up and return the key to Bigelow between 8:00am and 5:00pm M-F. The requesting party must pick up the key the previous day before 5:00pm for usage scheduled at 8:00am. They must return the key the same day the room is used. If the group uses the room past 5:00pm, the requesting party must return the key before 10:00am the next working day. If the key is lost, the sponsor of the meeting will be charged for key replacement and changing the locks to the doors.
- Sponsor's specific responsibilities when using Bigelow Hall:
- Notify Physical Plant at (502) 852-6245 for set up and take down of any chairs tables, etc. (charges are assessed for this service)
- Clean-up and return the room to its original condition after use.
- Use the audio system in the room only for voice amplification and not for music.
- Do not tape, pin, or staple signs, posters, etc. to any surface in the room.
- Do not bring food inside the room. You may have food only in the North Foyer area outside Bigelow Hall.
- Request microphones or instructional technology from Instructional Technology/Instructional Support (IT/IS) at http://louisville.edu/it/help/classroom/media-belknap (charges are assessed for this service). You will receive a confirmation of your request within 24 hours. Instructions for operating the lighting and audio systems will be provided upon request. If you have other questions regarding the room, please call IT/IS at (502) 852-6465.
- Request video recording from Television Services at IT New Media - HSC Dental School Bldg. Room 19, Phone (502) 852-5286 Fax (502) 852-4562.
- Arrange for parking through the Parking Office at (502) 852-7275.
* Note: If your event creates any damage to the carpet your department will be charged for cleaning.
Effective Feb. 15, 2006