Android 2.0+ Wireless Setup
This short guide contains step-by-step instructions on how to connect your Android 2.0 and up device to the University of Louisville's secure wireless network "ulsecure".
1. Start at your home screen and press the menu key to open the menu options. Then select the "Settings" option as highlighted.
2. Select the "Wireless & networks" option as noted in the screen below:
3. In this screen, make sure the "Wifi" checkbox is checked, then select "Wi-Fi Settings".
4. Select "ulsecure" from the list of wireless networks. If you do not see the "ulsecure" network, then you may be too far away.
5. This step is optional if you have already entered a credential store password. This password is used by the Android operating system to protect your network credentials. Enter in any password,then choose "OK".
6. Now you will return to the same screen as in Step 4. Choose "ulsecure" from the list of networks.
7. In the settings screen that appears, make sure your settings match the following:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- CA certificate: N/A
- Client certificate: N/A
8. Then scroll down the screen and enter your username into the "Identity" field and your password in the "Wireless password" field. Leave the "Anonymous identity" field blank.
These are the same credentials used on ULink and other university services. Check the "Show password" box to see your password as you type in order to avoid mistakes. Select "connect" when finished.
9. The next screen you will see is similar to the one in Step 4. You will see "Connected" under the "ulsecure" network if you have successfully connected to the secure wireless network.