Android 1.5 Wireless Setup
This short guide contains step-by-step instructions on how to connect your Android 1.5 device to the University of Louisville's secure wireless network "ulsecure".
1. Start at your home screen and press the menu key to open the menu options. Then select the "Settings" option
2. Select "Wireless Controls"
3. In this screen, make sure the "Wifi" checkbox is checked, then select "Wi-Fi Settings".
4. Select "ulsecure" from the list of wireless networks. If you do not see the "ulsecure" network, then you may be too far away.
5. In the Wi-Fi settings screen, make sure your settings match the settings shown below. The settings should be:
- EAP type: PEAP
- Sub type: PEAPv0/MSCHAPv2
6. Then scroll down the screen and enter your username and password. These are the same credentials used on ULink and other university services. Check the "Show password" box to see your password as you type in order to avoid mistakes. Select "connect"
7. You will see "Connected" under the "ulsecure" network if you have successfully connected to the secure wireless network.