Windows 7 Wireless Quick Setup Guide
1. Select the Manage wireless networks list item.
2. At the Connect to a network window, choose ulsecure.
3. Click Connect.
4. Select the Security tab.
5. Check the Security and Encryption settings:
- If the Security type is WPA2 Enterprise and the Encryption type is AES, then click Cancel. Continue to cancel out of the dialog boxes. Continue to step 13.
- If the Security type is not WPA2 Enterprise and/or the Encryption type is not AES, then continue with to step 6.
6. Click the Security type and choose WPA2-Enterprise.
7. Click the dropdown arrow next to Encryption Type and choose AES.
8. Click on the Settings button.
9. Click on the Configure button.
10. Verify that Automatically use my Windows logon name and password is not
11. Click OK on the three wireless dialog boxes Click OK.
12. Click OK.
13. Click on the Wireless Network icon on the taskbar.
14. Select ulsecure from the list of wireless networks available.
15. Click the Connect button.
16. Enter your Ulink userid and password into the User name and password fields.
Congratulations. You are now connected to UofL’s wireless network using WPA2 (AES)