Using Quick Steps (PC only)
1. What is the Quick Steps feature?Quick Steps is an Outlook feature for PC users, located at the top middle of your Home tab. It allows you to perform multi-step tasks with just one click. You can set an Outlook Quick Step to do a variety of functions that you frequently perform, saving time and simplifying your tasks.
2. How do I set a Quick Step to email someone I frequently contact, such as my supervisor?Follow these steps:
- From the Quick Steps menu (top middle of your Home tab), click Create New.
- Give the Quick Step a name in the Name field, such as "Email Supervisor."
- Click Add Action.
- Click the Choose an Action drop-down menu and scroll about half-way down. Click New Message.
- In the To field, type your supervisor's last name. His or her name should appear from your Contacts list. If not, click the To button to search.
- Click Finish.
3. How do I set a Quick Step to move emails to a particular folder?Follow these steps:
- From the Quick Steps menu (top middle of your Home tab), click the Move to: ? button. The Customize Quick Step window will open.
- Give the Quick Step a name, such as the name of the folder to which you want to move emails.
- In the drop-down menu under Actions, select the folder.
- Click Save and Apply.