Smart Folders - Mac
Microsoft Exchange FAQ
15. What are Smart Folders?Smart Folders are virtual folders that appear in the left column of your Outlook Mail view, and display all emails that meet a specified criteria. You can set a Smart Folder to display all emails from your supervisor, for instance. Smart Folders do not actually move any emails out of your Inbox - they just show you those emails at a glance.
16. How do I create a new Smart Folder of emails from a particular person?Follow these steps:
- Click in the Search This Folder field at the top right of your Outlook screen.
- Click the Search tab at the top left of your screen.
- Click All Mail.
- Click From.
- In the empty field that appears above your message list, type the last name of the person. (If you email more than one person with this last name, you will need to type a comma followed by a few letters of the first name as well.)
- Outlook will run a search of your Inbox and display all emails from this person. Click Save to save this search as a new Smart Folder.
28. How do I create a new Smart Folder for unread email?You can create a Smart Folder to show all of your unread messages in one place. Smart folders are virtual folders that display all emails that meet a certain criteria. Follow these steps:
- Click in the Search This Folder field at the top right of your Outlook screen. (Tip: If you don’t see this field, click View at the top of your screen, and then click Show Toolbar.)
- Click the Search tab in the top left.
- Click All Mail on the left.
- Click Unread in the middle.
- Click Save.