About CardMail (Information)
1. What is CardMail?CardMail is the new email system for UofL students. CardMail is provided by Outlook Live, the email service included with Microsoft Windows Live.
2. What is my email address?Your email address is your ULink user ID @louisville.edu (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org). Your log in ID for CardMail is your ULink user ID @cardmail.louisville.edu.
3. I heard that my log in ID for CardMail is not the same as my email address. What do I use to log in to CardMail?Your log in ID for CardMail is your ULink userID @cardmail.louisville.edu (for example: email@example.com). Your password is the same as your ULink password.
4. What are the different ways I can access my CardMail?You can access CardMail in multiple ways:
- Online at outlook.com/cardmail.louisville.edu.
- Using your smart phone. See the Outlook Live Mobile Phone Features Page for more information on configuring your mobile phone to receive Outlook Live email.
- Using the Outlook email client that comes with Microsoft Office. For more information visit Outlook Help. Please note, you may use a desktop client to access CardMail, but IT only offers technical support for CardMail web access.
- Using POP3 or IMAP4 email programs (such as Entourage). Read the Outlook Live "Access Your Account Using IMAP or POP E-Mail Programs" Page.
5. What are the benefits of CardMail?You will immediately notice CardMail’s generous 10GB email quota. CardMail is also specifically designed for the web and offers you full email functionality anywhere you have an Internet connection. In addition to email, while you are a UofL student you have access to Windows Live services such as instant messaging, a movie maker, a photo gallery and the Windows Live SkyDrive. The Windows Live SkyDrive allows you to store, retrieve and share up to 7GB of documents and photos. Because your files are stored in the "sky," you can access them anytime, anyplace.
6. Why did the university choose CardMail (provided by Microsoft Outlook Live) over other mail providers and/or applications?Microsoft Outlook Live is tailored for your needs as an on-the-go student. You will find it easy and fun to use. In addition to email, while you are a student at UofL you have access to Windows Live services such as instant messaging, a movie maker, a photo gallery and the Windows Live SkyDrive. The Windows Live SkyDrive allows you to store, retrieve and share up to 7GB of documents and photos. Because your files are stored on a drive in the “sky,” you can access them anytime, anyplace while you are a student at UofL.
7. Where can I find more information about Outlook Live?For a list of Outlook Live FAQs, visit the Outlook Live FAQ page.
8. Is Outlook Live training available?Yes. Visit IT's CardMail training page for videos and quick reference guides.Information Technology will also provide in-person workshops to assist you with using CardMail. We will announce these sessions when they become available.
9. How do I get help with CardMail?
- Visit Outlook Live's online help site or
- Contact the IT HelpDesk at: