UOFL Email FAQs
1. WHAT IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS?
Your email address is your ULink user ID @louisville.edu (for example: email@example.com). Your log in ID for your UOFL Email is your ULink user ID @louisville.edu.
2. WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT WAYS I CAN ACCESS MY UOFL EMAIL?
You can access your UOFL Email in multiple ways:
- Online at outlook.office365.com.
- Using your smart phone. See the Outlook Live Mobile Phone Features Page for more information on configuring your mobile phone to receive Outlook Live email.
- Using the Outlook email client that comes with Microsoft Office. For more information visit Outlook Help. Please note, you may use a desktop client to access your UOFL Email, but IT only offers technical support for UOFL Email web access.
3. HOW DO I START USING MY UOFL EMAIL?
Log in to your account at outlook.office365.com. Your log in ID for your UOFL Email is your ULink userID @louisville.edu (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org). Your password is the same as your ULink password.
4. CAN I COMBINE MAILBOXES FOR MY UOFL EMAIL AND OTHER EXTERNAL MAIL SYSTEMS?
Yes, you can combine all your email accounts on both your desktop and mobile devices. To set up your UOFL Email and other external mail on your mobile or desktop, see the instructions.
5. WILL THE UOFL Email ADDRESS BOOK INCLUDE FACULTY AND STAFF EMAIL ADDRESSES?
Yes, faculty and staff email addresses will appear in your UOFL Email address book.
6. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PERSONAL CONTACT GROUP AND A PUBLIC CONTACT GROUP?
- Personal Contact Groups
When you create a personal contact group in your UOFL Email, you may include anyone in the group (even external email addresses like gmail, Yahoo, and AOL). However, you are the only person who may use your personal contact groups; they cannot be shared.
- Public Contact Groups
When you create a public contact group in your UOFL Email, you may only include other UOFL Email users in your group. The advantage is that other UOFL Email users can see and use your public contact groups. Public groups may be controlled by the following settings:
- Open - Any UOFL Email user can join or leave the group at anytime.
- Restricted Access - UOFL Email users can only join or leave the group with approval from the creator of the group.
- Membership Closed - All requests to join or leave the group are automatically rejected.
Note: Faculty and staff members cannot reply to UOFL Email groups. For this reason, communication with faculty and staff is best conducted via direct messaging or use of a ListServ.
7. ARE THERE SENDING OR RECEIVING LIMITS ON MY UOFL EMAIL?
Yes. To combat spam and mass emailing dangers such as worms and viruses, the following limits are applied to your UOFL Email account:
- Recipient Limit - The maximum number of recipients you may include on one email message is 100. However, a public group is counted as a single recipient.
- Message Rate Limit - The maximum number of email messages you may send from your account per minute is 30.
- Recipient Rate Limit - The maximum number of recipients who may receive an email message from your account per day is 500.
8. HOW DO I USE THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED SETTING IN MY UOFL EMAIL?
- Sign in to your UOFL Email.
- Click on the Options link at the top right of the screen.
- Choose See all options.
- Choose Settings on the left side of the screen.
- Choose General
- Select the Use the blind and low vision experience checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
- Sign out of your UOFL Email.
- When you sign in again, the account will be ADA compliant.
9. HOW DO I GET HELP WITH MY UOFL EMAIL?
10. I AM HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING IN TO MY UFOL EMAIL. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Make sure you are logging in with your full UOFL Email user ID (userID@louisville.edu).
- Reset your password at password.louisville.edu. Wait a few minutes then attempt to log in to your UOFL Email again.
- If you are still having problems, please contact the IT HelpDesk at (502)852-7997 or their website.
11. HOW DO I CHANGE/RESET MY PASSWORD?
Your UOFL Email password matches your ULink password. Changing your ULink password will also change your UOFL Email password. To change your password go to http://password.louisville.edu.
12. I CHANGED MY EMAIL PASSWORD ON THE WINDOWS LIVE SITE AND NOW IT NO LONGER MATCHES MY ULINK PASSWORD. HOW DO I GET THEM TO MATCH AGAIN?
You will need to create a new ULink password. To do so, go to http://password.louisville.edu.
13. WHAT IF I DELETE AN ITEM FROM MY UFOL EMAIL INBOX BY MISTAKE?
When you delete a message it is moved to the Deleted Items folder where it remains for 30 days, or until the folder is manually emptied. Those items then remain in the "Recover Deleted Items" area for an additional 14 days, or until they are purged.
14. I FORWARD MY UOFL EMAIL TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT, BUT THE FORWARDED MESSAGES ALL LOOK LIKE THEY COME FROM ME, IS THIS CORRECT?
Yes. When forwarding your UOFL Email to another account, all forwarded messages will appear to come from you. When replying to one of these messages, make sure you type in the sender's email address in the "To" field.