Education is a part of the strong African American & Hispanic heritage that was assiduously fought for many years. This tradition of perseverance and resolve has enabled many students to have the opportunity and privilege to not only attend but also graduate from an institution of higher education. The Cultural Center Graduation Celebration is an opportunity for the university to acknowledge the achievements of African-American & Hispanic students and for the graduates to also thank their families, friends, faculty, and mentors for their support.
- Acknowledge the success of African American & Hispanic students at the University of Louisville
- Motivate and encourage current and future African American & Hispanic students to reach degree attainment at the Baccalaureate, Masters and Doctoral level
- Pay homage to the past of African Americans & Hispanic and celebrate the graduation of current students.
Cultural Center Graduation Celebration:
"Our Journey: Two Cultures, One Celebration"
The Cultural Center Graduation Celebration is an annual event where the purpose is to pay homage to the past, while celebrating the future and endless possibilities of graduating African American & Hispanic students at the University of Louisville. This year's celebration will feature a faculty keynote speaker, a graduating student speaker, music that will reflect the occasion, and individual recognition. Attire for graduates will be cap & gown.
This year's event will include:
- Special message from guests including Provost Willinghanz, the Vice Provost for Diversity & International Affairs, Alumni Association & African American Alumni Association
- Kente Cloth distribution (optional)
- Graduate testimonial video
- Live band performance
- Reception to follow event
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL 2013 GRADUATES (MAY, SUMMER & DECEMBER) INCLUDING CANDIDATES SEEKING UNDERGRADUATE, GRADUATE & PROFESSIONAL DEGREES.
DEADLINE TO RSVP IS MONDAY, APRIL 29, 2013.
PLEASE NOTE: WALK IN REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE BUT KENTE CLOTHS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.
Persons visiting UofL, attending University-sponsored workshops or seminars, attending special events held at the University and athletic events held on campus must display a temporary parking permit in their vehicles. Printable temporary permits can be obtained by clicking on the below link and creating a Guest account. Evening rate (Floyd Street Garage only) beginning at 4:00 pm until 6:00 am: $4.00
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS:
African American Programming Fund
Commission on Diversity and Racial Equality (CODRE)
Woodford R. Porter Scholars
University of Louisville Cultural Center
120 E Brandeis
Event Pictures: https://orgsync.com/23511/photos/albums