Theatre Arts Department Mission:
Our mission is to create Art in Action: theatre that is engaged and inclusive, rigorous and
enjoyable, thoughtful and transformative. Theatre Arts at UofL challenges students to
become critical thinkers who take pleasure connecting with local, national, and global
communities through live performance. Graduates explore the world with the courage,
discipline, and practical skills required of theatre artists—imagination, empathy, critical
analysis, craftsmanship, problem solving, social awareness and collaboration.
Where Do Your Dollars Go?
Your kind donation goes to support the different initiatives we are bringing to the
Theatre Arts Department, U of L, the city Louisville and the Commonwealth at large.
Art in Action
Socially relevant play readings and events on campus and in the community encouraging
inclusion and social justice. A mission that is furthered through our very own African
American Theatre Program (one of only two in the nation).
Every year, a troupe of Master of Fine Arts in Performance candidates from the University
of Louisville Theatre Arts Department will perform two plays in rotating repertory for
thousands of children, teachers, and other members of our community.
Each year we produce five full length productions of New Works, World Theatre Classics,
and Original Productions with a virtuosity that can’t be matched.
What’s In It For Me?
Partnership demonstrates community support:
- Sponsors get a reserved full page ad in each of our mainstage programs
- Logo placement on our website
- Logo placement in all print marketing and email blasts
It’s a write off! At the end of the year, would you rather?
- Send a donation to some far off charity where you trust there is some impact or
- Keep your money in town where you can see your influence on the cultural life of
It’s a strong and immediate way to market your business. You know who sees your ad?
- College educated consumers under 25
- Their parents!
- 56% of consumers would almost always buy a product or support a company sponsoring an arts event over one that does not.*
- 48% of Americans interested in the arts have a higher trust in a company that supports the arts than one who does not.*
*Independent study on sponsorship in the arts conducted by Performance Research
Please Contact: Blair Boyd
Address: 2314 S. Floyd St.
Louisville, KY 40292.
Please make your check payable to
University of Louisville Theatre Department