procedure auto claims modified Fri Mar 06 2020 10:23:12 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
University of Louisville
This procedure applies to the University Community (administrators, faculty, staff, students, and volunteers).
This information should be placed in the glove compartment of all University-owned vehicles.
What to do when an auto claim occurs:
- Obtain a police report from the University of Louisville Police Department or if not on a UofL campus, the appropriate police agency.
- Contact Risk Management by Incident Form or by email to Sandy Russell, or call 502-852-6925.
- Stay Calm. Do not argue with other individuals involved in the accident.
- If not on a UofL campus and someone is injured, call an ambulance. If on a UofL campus and someone is injured, relay that information to the University of Louisville Police (502-852-6111).
- Assist those injured but do not administer first aid unless you are qualified.
- Do not discuss what happened with anyone except the police.
- Do not admit responsibility for the accident, or sign a statement of any kind.
- Do not disclose insurance policy limits or coverage to anyone.
- Auto Accident Form (aid in recording accident scene and events)
- $500 (per claim/accident)
- The deductible is the responsibility of the department filing the auto claim.
REASON FOR PROCEDURE
This procedure was developed to aid the University community in the event of an auto accident while driving a University vehicle or a rented or leased vehicle.
Departments with University vehicles and departmental employee’s renting vehicles for university business.
Vice President for Risk, Audit, and Compliance
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
Risk Management Department
1900 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208
Revision Date(s): 6/15/2016
Reviewed Date(s): 6/15/2016
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.