Saeed A. Jortani, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Phone Number: (502) 852-8835 (Office)
Fax Number: (502) 852-1177
Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
School of Medicine
511 S. Floyd St., Rm. 217
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
- Director, Forensic Toxicology Program, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine
- Associate Director, Diagnostic Reference Laboratory, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine
- Assistant Director of Toxicology and Clinical Chemistry, University of Louisville Hospital
- Director, Technology Development. Pharmacogenetic Diagnostic Laboratories (PGXL). Louisville, KY
Ph. D. 1993, Medical College of Virginia
Laboratory Team Members:
William Tucker, Laboratory Technician
Dr. Jortani is a faculty in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at University o Louisville School of Medicine. His training and experience is in the areas of toxicology, clinical chemistry, proteomics and pharmacogenentics. He is a board certified clinical chemist and a practicing toxicologist. His research interests are proteomics, detection and measurement of drugs, therapeutics and poisons, and use of pharmacogenetics in pain management and for postmortem investigations. He serves on several national organizations in the area of laboratory medicine such as the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC). He is the chair of the Clinical Proteomics Division of the AACC. He is also on editorial boards for Clinica Chemica Acta and Clinical Proteomics.
- Chindarkar NS, Chawla LS, Straseski JA, Jortani SA, Uettwiller-Geiger D, et al. Reference intervals of urinary acute kidney injury (AKI) markers [IGFBP7]∙[TIMP2] in apparently healthy subjects and chronic comorbid subjects without AKI. Clin Chim Acta. 2016 Jan 15;452:32-7. PubMed PMID: 26522657.
- Chindarkar NS, Chawla LS, Straseski JA, Jortani SA, Uettwiller-Geiger D, et al. Demographic data for urinary Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) marker [IGFBP7]·[TIMP2] reference range determinations. Data Brief. 2015 Dec;5:888-92. PubMed PMID: 26702417; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4669474.
- Millner L, Rodriguez C, Jortani SA. A clinical approach to solving discrepancies in therapeutic drug monitoring results for patients on sirolimus or tacrolimus: Towards personalized medicine, immunosuppression and pharmacogenomics. Clin Chim Acta. 2015 Oct 23;450:15-8. PubMed PMID: 26232156.
- Beavers CT, Parker JJ, Flinchum DA, Weakley-Jones BA, Jortani SA. Pesticide-induced quadriplegia in a 55-year-old woman. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2014 Dec;35(4):239-41. PubMed PMID: 25354225.
- Kampfrath T, Jortani SA, Levinson SS. Resolving a case of concurrent hepatitis B virus surface antigen (HBsAg) and surface antibody (HBsAb). Clin Chim Acta. 2014 Mar 20;430:171-2. PubMed PMID: 24508313.
- Stauble ME, Moore AW, Langman LJ, Boswell MV, Baumgartner R, McGee S, Metry J, Jortani SA. Hydrocodone in postoperative personalized pain management: pro-drug or drug?. Clin Chim Acta. 2014 Feb 15;429:26-9. PubMed PMID: 24269714.
- Beavers C, Stauble ME, Jortani SA. Testing of gastric contents for peanut proteins in a 13-year old anaphylaxis victim. Clin Chim Acta. 2014 Feb 15;429:1-3. PubMed PMID: 24269716.
- Kampfrath T, Rosenblatt DA, Lenhardt R, Nelson L, Jortani SA. Undetected hypoglycemia in a patient receiving TPN. Clin Chim Acta. 2013 Sep 23;424:96-8. PubMed PMID: 23732402.
- Langman LJ, Korman E, Stauble ME, Boswell MV, Baumgartner RN, Jortani SA. Therapeutic monitoring of opioids: a sensitive LC-MS/MS method for quantitation of several opioids including hydrocodone and its metabolites. Ther Drug Monit. 2013 Jun;35(3):352-9. PubMed PMID: 23666565.
- Boswell MV, Stauble ME, Loyd GE, Langman L, Ramey-Hartung B, Baumgartner RN, Tucker WW, Jortani SA. The role of hydromorphone and OPRM1 in postoperative pain relief with hydrocodone. Pain Physician. 2013 May-Jun;16(3):E227-35. PubMed PMID: 23703421.
- Truscott SM, Crittenden NE, Shaw MA, Middleberg RA, Jortani SA. Violent behavior and hallucination in a 32-year-old patient. Clin Chem. 2013 Apr;59(4):612-5. PMID: 23539035
- Borgman MP, Hiemer MF, Molinelli AR, Ritchie JC, Jortani SA. Improved sensitivity for methotrexate analysis using enzyme multiplied immunoassay technique on the Siemens Viva-E instrument. Ther Drug Monit. 2012 Apr;34(2):193-7. PMID: 22377747