All new students as well as students returning for their second year can go ahead and mark "get a planner" off your pre-term to-do list, because UofL has you covered!
The FREE Cardinal Compass new and second-year students receive at the start of your first semester at UofL will help you get a handle on all those due dates, recommendations and must-dos you keep hearing about. This great resource has been created with your first year success in mind, and it's the go-to planner for the entire campus community.
How do I get my FREE Compass planner?
- First Time Freshmen: It'll be distributed to you via your academic orientation course. If you're not enrolled in an orientation course your first semester you can request one at the Student Success Center in the Belknap Academic Building starting on August 22.
- New Transfer Students: Request one at the Student Success Center in the Belknap Academic Building starting on August 22.
- Returning Second-Year Students: You're guaranteed a planner if you attend the Second-Year Meetup at Welcome Week on Saturday, Aug. 20 from 3-4pm in the Belknap Academic Building. After that event, they'll be available in limited quantities by request at the Student Success Center in the Belknap Academic Building starting on August 22.
Why is the planner useful?
Stay in the know about the big deadlines around the corner, key campus resources, and a look at the ebb and flow of the semester from month to month. Designed at UofL specifically for our campus, the Compass includes features such as
- Important registration, enrollment and financial deadlines
- Dates for key campus events and traditions
- Steps to success for each month that can help you stay on track for a successful year inside and outside of the classroom
- Links to additional resources such as time-management, budgeting and goal-setting worksheets