All new students starting in the 2021-22 academic year as well as students returning for their second year can go ahead and mark "get a planner" off your pre-term to-do list, because UofL has you covered!
The FREE Cardinal Compass new and second-year students receive at the start of your first semester at UofL will help you get a handle on all those due dates, recommendations and must-dos you keep hearing about. This great resource has been created with your first year success in mind, and it's the go-to planner for the entire campus community.
How do I get my FREE Compass planner?
- First Time Freshmen: It'll be distributed to you via your academic orientation course. If you're not enrolled in an orientation course your first semester you can request one at the Student Success Center in the Belknap Academic Building starting on August 23.
- New Transfer Students: Request one at the Student Success Center in the Belknap Academic Building starting on August 23.
- Returning Second-Year Students: Request one at the Student Success Center in the Belknap Academic Building starting on August 23.
What if I'm a junior or senior, faculty/staff member or parent/family member and would like a Compass planner?
Compass planners will be sold at the UL Bookstore while supplies last.
Why is the planner useful for parents, faculty and staff?
It's helpful to know what's going on in our students' lives. You can better support students when you know the big deadlines around the corner, are aware of key campus resources to recommend and have a sense of the ebb and flow of the semester from the eyes of a student. The Compass planner helps them, and you, stay in the know and on top of key dates as well as steps to success throughout the year.
Designed at UofL specifically for our campus, the Compass includes features such as
- Important registration, enrollment and financial deadlines
- Dates for key campus events and traditions
- Steps to success for each month that can help students stay on track for a successful year inside and outside of the classroom
- Links to additional resources such as time-management, budgeting and goal-setting worksheets