This webpage is a repository for digital resources related to the FYF project and will be updated periodically.
FYF Annual Report 2019-2020 [PDF]
Pilot Phase Assessment Report [PDF]
FYF Annual Report 2018-2019 [PDF]
FYF Annual Report 2017-2018 [PDF]
Presentations about FYF
FYF update to Board of Trustees 2020 [PDF]
FYF Update to Units, 19-20 [PDF]
Presentation to FYF Implementation Team regarding pilot phase results in April 2019
Find Your Fit presentation to UofL’s President Bendapudi in October 2018 (opens to pdf)
Find Your Fit overview presented to SACSOC reviewers in March 2018 [PDF]
FYF presentation for the Board of Trustees, January 2018 [PDF]
Sample QEP presentation: December 2016 presentation to Staff Senate [PPT]
June 2016 presentation by Dr. Molly Schaller, scholar on the sophomore year, for UofL faculty and staff who work with second-year students and/or are working on the new QEP.
“Intentional Design for Learning and Guiding Decision Making in the Second Year: Applying National Insights to University of Louisville”
Molly Schaller Presentation PDF
Molly Schaller Presentation Tegrity Recording
Read an article about how a course offered as part of UofL’s Find Your Fit program is helping students see their future in a new light.
Watch as Dr. Kimcherie Lloyd shares her insights about teaching an FYF seminar
Listen as Patty Payette and student Syann Lunsford give an update on Find Your Fit to Mark Hebert on UofL Today radio show
Student reporter, Tyler Hudson, article on the new QEP for the Cardinal Newspaper
Listen as Dr. Patty Payette talks to Mark Hebert about new QEP
Please note this list represents a selection of resources being regularly consulted as part of the QEP. Additional readings and references are available by request. Please contact Nisha Gupta (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Baxter Magolda, M. B. (2004). Evolution of a constructivist conceptualization of epistemological reflection. Educational Psychologist, 39(1), 31-42.
- Cuseo, J. (2012). Student retention: The big picture. Community College Student Success Symposium.
- Gahagan, J. & Hunter, M. S. (2006). The second-year experience: Turning attention to the academy's middle children. About Campus, 11(3), 17-22.
- Gibson, L. (2011). Student-directed learning: An exercise in student engagement. College Teaching, 59(3), 95-101.
- Gordon, V. & Steele, G. (2015). The Undecided College Student: An Academic and Career Advising Challenge (4th ed.). Springfield, IL: Charles C. Thomas Publishers, Ltd.
- Pizzolato, J. E. (2005). Creating Crossroads for Self-Authorship: Investigating the Provocative Moment. Journal of College Student Development, 46(6), 624-641.
- Ryan, R. M., & Deci, E. L. (2000). Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being. American Psychologist, 55(1), 68-78.
- Schaller, M. A. (2005). Wandering and wondering: Traversing the uneven terrain of the second college year. About Campus, 10(3), 17-24.
- Schreiner, L. A. (2013). Thriving in College. New Directions for Student Services, 2013(143), 41–52.
- Tinto, V. (1987). Leaving college: Rethinking the causes and cures of college attrition. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- Tough, P. (2014, May 15). Who gets to graduate? The New York Times.
- Find Your Fit overview presented to SACSOC reviewers in March 2018 [PDF]
- Annual Report 2017-2018