The deadlines for completed applications are as follows:
Conventional M.S. and Ph.D. applications
- Fall Semester Term (begins mid-August) - Deadline is July 1 [Note that prospective PhD students seeking financial support for the Fall term should apply by Jan. 15 for full consideration.]
- Spring Semester Term (begins early January) - Deadline is November 1
- Summer Terms- Deadline is April 1
Note that International Applicants have earlier deadlines due to visa processing requirements. All application materials should be received by the Graduate Admissions Office well before the student wishes to begin studies. Please refer to the following application deadlines for processing of international student applications.
- Fall Semester Term (begins late August) - Deadline is May 1st [again, prospective PhD students seeking financial support for the Fall term should apply by Jan. 15 for full consideration.]
- Spring Semester Term (begins early January) - Deadline is November 1st
Accelerated M.S. Program
- Application is usually made in the junior year, but no later than August 1 before your senior year or completion of 90 credit hours toward the degree.
If these dates fall on a weekend, the deadline is the next working day. Official notification of admission or denial will come from the Graduate School and will be based on a recommendation from the Department of Biology. Notification of acceptance to the Department of Biology Graduate program does not carry with it the promise of financial support. However, all students admitted to the doctoral program will be considered for financial support, if they qualify.