UofL faculty and staff take home ribbons at 2014 state fair
Going to the 2014 Kentucky State Fair? Make sure you take some time to visit the indoor exhibits.
A first-place winner at the 2014 Kentucky State Fair by UofL's Tammy Lawson of the Office of Communications and Marketing
Among the thousands of creations on display you will find food items, baskets, sculptures, quilts, wall hangings and photographs made by your UofL colleagues. Several of them entered for the first time; others were seasoned competitors. Here’s a list of some faculty and staff members exhibiting this year:
- Martha Berry, enterprise programmer analyst: three photographs (fine arts).
- Bill Briggs, physician assistant, two quilts (textiles). Bill won his first blue ribbon! Congratulations!
- Lisa Burnett, accountant: crocheted afghan (textiles).
- Carol Chappell, part-time lecturer, HSS: jelly roll with orange custard filling (culinary). Carol won her first blue ribbon! Congratulations!
- Rebecca Dunkley, bursar’s office: crocheted cowboy hat and boots (textiles).
- Lawrence Gettleman, professor: clasped hand sculpture (fine arts).
- Judy Hughes, communications specialist: baskets (hobbies). Judy won a blue ribbon and two third-place ribbons. Congratulations!
- Tammy Lawson, campus tour coordinator: quilt, wall hanging (textiles). Tammy won a blue ribbon for her quilt! Congratulations!
- Sarah Miller, adjunct communications professor, won a third place ribbon for her zucchini bread (culinary) and another third place in canned corn (culinary). In 11 years of entering, these were her first ribbons! Congratulations!
- Maria Tinnell, graphic designer: baskets (hobbies); jelly and chili sauce (culinary).
- Mark Woolwine, REACH coordinator: three photographs (fine arts).