Xerox Multifunction Device Security
*Disclaimer: The following information is true for Xerox copiers purchased through the IT Copy Management program. Non-Xerox copiers or those purchased elsewhere may not utilize these security controls.
- All Xerox hard drives are encrypted. However, not all Xerox Copy/Printers have hard drives in them.
- All network printers that contain hard drives also have firewalls around them.
- The default settings for these machines include an image over write which occurs every night.
- All hard drives are wiped when they are removed.
- Xerox destroys each drive when it “leaves the University”.
- Although somewhat complex, default security settings can be modified. Changes to default security settings require the notification of IT and the Information Security Office as well as completion of a security exception request.
- Validation of security settings can be accomplished by contacting Will Barnett, IT Copier Management Program and providing the copier/printer location.