Successful Strategies for Recruiting, Training and Utilizing Volunteers
Presented by Diane Zero, Nonprofit Advocate
Date: March 20, 2014
Time: 11am - 12 noon ET
Planning for your volunteer program helps you ascertain how volunteers will contribute to your mission and fit into your organization’s structure. You also can determine the purpose of your volunteer program and the roles volunteers will play. This webinar will discuss how autism family support groups can plan, define their mission, assess their organization, develop a volunteer program and recruit volunteers.
Webinar participants will learn how to:
1. Define your mission
2. Assess your organization & its use of volunteers
3. Determine what volunteers will do, describe volunteer positions and determine types of volunteers you need
4. Identify resources for supporting a volunteer program
5. Learn where to recruit volunteers
Registration Fee: FREE
Autism and Safety Webinar Series
Presented by Heidi Cooley-Cook, KATC Family Field Trainer
Time: All webinars in this series are scheduled from 12:00 – 1:00pm (ET)
This is a three part webinar series addressing a very common concern – Safety of Individuals with Autism. Each session will build on the previous, however attendance to all three is not required. In the first session, we will address general safety in the home. Next the topic of wandering will be discussed, followed by a presentation especially for First Responders.
DATE: March 19,2014
Safety in the Home
- Participants will review how to creating a safe environment in the home – discuss tips for various rooms of the house and outside
- Participants will learn how to incorporate evidence based practices in teaching fire safety to their loved one with autism
- Participants will review various resources relating to safety in the home.
DATE: April 16, 2014
- Participants will learn tips to help prevent wandering
- Participants will review strategies to engage neighbors and community memebers to be alert and supportive of your loved one
- Participants will review various resources related to wandering and wandering prevention
DATE: May 21, 2014
Autism and First Responders
- Participants will be provided a brief overview of Autism Spectrum Disorder and how these characteristics may impact emergency situations
- Participants will learn simple strategies to engage an individual they encounter that may have autism
- Participants will learn how to build relationships with the autism community
Autism and Early Childhood Education Professional Development Webinar Series
This training series has been approved for continuing education credits thought the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Division of Child Care and education leadership credits from the Effective Education Leadership Act (EILA). *Certificates of attendance will also be provided upon completion of the training.
All webinars in this series are recorded. Webinars and all other training materials in this series must be completed during the week the online course is listed as open.
Early Childhood Development & Autism Date: TBA
Participants will gain an understanding of the core deficits for individuals with autism and will be able to identify the red flags for potential autism diagnosis exploring neurotypical child development and the developmental milestones outlined by the CDC.
Registration Fee: $10
Environmental & Instructional Supports for Students' with Autism in the Preschool Classroom Date: TBA
Participants will be introduced to class wide organizational & instructional tools such as activity matrices, staff matrices, visual supports, and general environmental arrangement strategies for supporting students with autism in an inclusive preschool classroom.
Registration Fee: $10.00
Systematic Instruction in the Preschool Classroom Date: TBA
Participants will be introduced to the most basic instruction (direction given, student response, and consequence), prompting, and errorless learning strategies. Also the need for teaching skills discretely as well as embedded (decontextualized vs. contextualized) and how to determine what skills to teach when, where, and how will be discussed.
Registration Fee: $10.00
Additional Webinar Information:
We will send the login access information to registered participants by email prior to the date of the webinar. In order to receive the login access information in a timely manner please register prior to 11:00 AM on the day each webinar is scheduled.
NOTE: No registrations will be taken after 10:00 AM on the day of a scheduled webinar.
Did you miss a webinar? You can view all past webinars in our archives.
Would you like to be added to the mailing list?
If you would like to be added to the mailing list to be notified about new webinars complete the form below and check yes to "Alert me when new webinars are available".