Delphi U Online is a convenient way to explore best practices in online instruction. Participants will learn two primary concepts: first, what it is like to be an online learner, and second, how to effectively teach online.
This course is made up of eight modules that are covered one week at a time.
- Module 1: Introduction to Online Instruction
- Module 2: Preparing for your Online Course Part 1
- Module 3: Preparing for your Online Course Part 2
- Module 4: Communication Tools
- Module 5: Managing an Online Course
- Module 6: Introduction to Technology Tools
- Module 7: Assessing Learning
- Module 8: Concluding an Online Course
All topics will be open from the first week to allow participants to look ahead while knowing that there will be assignments in each week that require collaboration among peers. The program includes optional synchronous (real-time) sessions for interaction with the instructor and peers, but all other portions of the class are asynchronous (anytime, anyplace).
Delphi U Online is designed to give participants the same type of interactive experience that their future online students will have. The course requires that participants commit time to complete assignments and interact with the course materials each week.
Online Delphi U sessions are offered in the fall (September), spring (February) and summer (June).
Fall 8-Week Online Course: September 9 – November 3, 2019