2018 Celebration of Teaching and Learning
9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(Registration and Faculty Resource Fair start at 8 a.m.)
Light breakfast and buffet lunch provided
Founders Union Building
450 N. Whittington Pkwy.
Louisville, KY 40222
Join us as we come together as a community of educators to celebrate the “superpower” of teaching. Through constructive dialogue with colleagues, engagement with presenters and networking opportunities, we will explore the following questions:
- What are research-based guidelines and related examples of instructional strategies to improve teaching, assessment and student learning in our face-to-face and virtual classrooms?
- How can we create inclusive classroom cultures that enrich the teaching and learning experience for everyone?
- What do we need to know and do to support students at all levels to achieve success in the classroom and beyond?
- How might we better integrate and advance all the pieces—teaching, research and service—of our faculty selves?
Join us from 8 – 9 a.m. for a Faculty Resource Fair in the Founders Union lobby. Gather resources, tools and tips from campus partners, student affairs staff, technologists and faculty colleagues to “supercharge” your teaching!
Throughout the day, choose from among 18, 1-hour concurrent sessions led by presenters from across the university focused on three tracks:
- Translation Track 1: Sessions focusing on how we translate research into practices, both teaching and learning, as well as how we translate a policy or institutional expectation into practice
- Modeling Teaching Practices Track 2: Sessions focusing on teaching and technology demonstrations by the best and most innovative instructors at UofL
- Panel Discussions Track 3: Sessions focusing on specific topical areas in which several UofL instructors provide insight into their teaching, research, and learning practices
Select from modeling of teaching practices such as active learning in large, lecture courses to teaching with case studies and concept mapping, to exploring a flipped classroom. Learn how to make the new Cardinal Core matter in your courses, with your students, and in your department. Come ready to share your ideas, questions, and take your superpower practices to the next level!
During the Celebration luncheon, join us as Interim Provost Dale Billingsley recognizes the 2016-17 Faculty Favorite Award nominees.
Wondering if You Should Attend?
The Celebration of Teaching and Learning is UofL’s annual teaching conference open to all UofL faculty, staff, and graduate students. This special event celebrates and advances teaching excellence at UofL. Here is what one attendee of last year’s conference had to say about the experience:
“I always appreciate the opportunity to advance my knowledge and skills as a teacher. The Celebration facilitates an environment that gives me the space and time to reflect on my teaching and the opportunity to explore new teaching techniques.”
Download the Celebration mobile app to access the conference program.
Download the Guidebook app to access the most up-to-date information about the conference, including schedules, session descriptions and presenter bios. Plus, you'll be able to build your personal conference schedule and connect with other attendees. A full, printed conference program will not be available at this year's event.
Connect with us and each other!
Follow us on Twitter: @delphicelebrate and join the conversation using the hashtag #UofLCelebrate when tweeting. If you're new to Twitter, download the Celebration Twitter Basics [PDF] to get started.