Gale Rhodes, associate university provost and executive director of the Delphi Center for Teaching and Learning, has the following responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for the SACS QEP. The QEP staff work with colleges/schools to research, propose and prepare a QEP proposal as part of the institution’s commitment to the reaffirmation process for SACS-COC.
- Assist units with putting entire academic programs online. The Office of Online Learning works closely with department chairs and individual faculty members with recruitment, retention, student services as well as helping with a plan of action for getting programs online.
- Provide training and faculty development for faculty members putting courses online. This office facilitates several intensive workshops teaching faculty members how to put their classes online as well as assisting them with both course design and effective teaching skills.
- Provide support for the learning management system, Blackboard, so that it is an effective system in which faculty teach their online classes.
- Provide faculty development opportunities for faculty teaching face to face classes. This unit does a series of faculty learning communities, all day workshops, dine and discover workshops and one on one consultations with faculty to assist them in developing strong teaching skills in their classes.
- Schedule meetings and conferences on Shelby Campus using both the Founders Union building and Burhans Hall. Both of these facilities have renovated meeting space along with the opportunity to utilize conferencing staff to fully support conferences that are scheduled on Shelby Campus or the greater Louisville area.
- Provide professional development opportunities to both Greater Louisville businesses as well as the university community. There are public offerings as well opportunities for in-house development if businesses would like for the staff in this unit to work with their individual staff members onsite.
- Facilitate marketing plans for all of the units in the Delphi Center to adequately inform others of the opportunities available through the Delphi Center.
- Provide fiscal oversight of the entire budget for this organization.