Facilitators: Jen Anderson and Jennifer Bobo
- Summer 2020 – Wednesdays from 2-3 pm, July 15 - August 12
- Fall 2020 – monthly meetings, dates TBD
Description: The hybrid courses offered at UofL in Fall 2020 due to the special circumstances surrounding COVID-19 will differ largely from traditional face-to-face classroom teaching. This FLC is open to anyone planning to convert a face-to-face course to a hybrid format (25%-75% online) in the Fall 2020 semester. It will examine the particular challenges encountered by group members as they adopt new pedagogies, embrace new technologies, and consider actively engaging students in a largely online environment. The FLC will provide a supportive environment in which to examine and share strategies, challenges, student learning activity templates, and research-based best practices in teaching and learning.
- Summarize best practices in teaching hybrid courses.
- Design and pilot a plan to adopt new pedagogies and technology tools to foster active learning in a hybrid course setting.
- Identify the primary structural components of their newly designed hybrid course, including which elements will be online asynchronous, online synchronous, and face-to-face.
- Design and pilot a course assessment plan, including both formative and summative assessments for key assignments.
- Populate their Blackboard course shells with resources for their students.
- Engage with peers in creating a supportive environment in which they will share strategies, challenges, best practices, and lesson learned in designing and teaching a hybrid course.